NEW MANDATORY WATER RESTRICTIONS IN YOUR COMMUNITY
OUTDOOR WATERING REDUCED TO TWICE WEEKLY
SEE DETAILS BELOW FOR ALL RESTRICTIONS
As we enter a third year of drought, our water sources are critically low. We need to act now to ensure our communities have enough water for the drought. The County of Los Angeles has issued new water restrictions and is requesting all Sativa Water System customers to cut back their water usage by 30 percent. Additional Penalties for excessive water use may soon be applied if water usage does not decrease, such as water flow restricting devices or prohibition on all outdoor water use.
In the previous 2015 drought, County of Los Angeles residents were able to cut back significantly in their water use, making it through the drought and making water conservation a lasting way of life. The current drought is estimated to be considerably more extreme than the 2015 drought, so additional water conservation is needed.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Sativa Water System has issued the following mandatory water use restrictions:
- Outdoor yard and lawn watering is restricted to two days a week based on your address numbering:
- Residential Even Street Address Numbers: Tuesday and Friday.
- Residential Odd Street Address Numbers: Monday and Thursday.
- Commercial Customers: Monday and Friday.
- Outdoor watering allowed before 6 a.m. and after 10 p.m, on the days that you are assigned to water.
- Outdoor watering is prohibited during daylight hours.
- Outdoor watering should last no longer than 10 minutes per station.
- No outdoor watering Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- Outdoor watering shall not result in runoff to the street. Observed water waste or street runoff will result in potential penalties if not addressed.
- Potable water shall not be used for washing hard surfaces, such as pavement, roadways, concrete, and sidewalks, except for public health and safety exceptions.
- Hoses must have an automatic shut-off nozzle for car washing and outdoor hand watering of plants and trees.
- Customers, including homeowners and renters, must repair water leaks, breaks, and malfunctions in a timely manner.
- Restaurants shall only serve water upon request.
- Hotel and lodging establishments must offer an option for customers to opt-out of linen service to reduce laundry water use.
For more drought information, tips, and rebates, please visit sativawd.com. Thank you for making every drop count in this drought!!